future auditions & info
Are you ready to step into the spotlight?
Phoenix Productions is always looking for eager and talented volunteers to sing and dance in our musical productions. Auditions usually take place 6-8 weeks prior to the performance dates listed and casting notices are posted on our website and social channels one month prior to the auditions.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram or fill out the form below to receive an email notification about future auditions.
As a community theater organization, Phoenix encourages people of any age, gender, race and creed to audition.
no roles are ever cast until the audition process is over.
Here are a few helpful hints to make your audition a success!
1. Gather your sheet music! (Don’t have sheet music in your key? Visit www.musicnotes.com or www.sheetmusic.com to purchase and download show music in your key.) Be prepared to sing 16 to 32 bars of a song that shows off your voice.
2. Always choose music that is consistent with the style of the show for which you are auditioning.
3. Make sure to clearly mark your music for the accompanist to show where to begin and end. If you don’t where to start your audition selection, a safe general rule is to count back from the end of the song as this usually shows your performance best.)
4. Practice your audition. Always remember the production team is looking for great performers not just people who can sing.
5. Be prepared to learn a short dance combination. Depending on the show and the wishes of the production team, there may be a dance audition. If so, a combination will be taught at auditions.
6. Be sure to bring or wear suitable dance attire.
7. Remember to have fun!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for production-specific announcements