Phoenix Rehearsal Center
59 Chestnut Street, Red Bank, NJAuditions, rehearsals, and select productions are located at the Phoenix Rehearsal Center, which is around the corner from the Count Basie Theatre. Directions can be found below.
Most Phoenix shows are performed at the Count Basie Theatre, which is around the corner from the Phoenix Rehearsal Center. Directions can be found below.
Directions to the Phoenix Rehearsal
Center & the Count Basie Theatre
The new Phoenix Performing Arts Center has many parking spots available and reserved for those visiting Phoenix Productions or the new Phoenix box office.
For performances, the map to the right offers assistance locating public parking areas since The Count Basie Theatre does not have its own lot.
**Please do not park in the Boro Hall parking lot directly across the street from the Theatre. That lot is not available for Theatre patrons, and your vehicle will be towed at your expense unless you park in one of the limited number of handicapped parking spaces, in which case your handicap vehicle decal must be displayed.
There are seven metered lots in downtown Red Bank providing 4-hour metered parking Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and free parking is available on Sundays.
There is a large municipal parking lot located a short walk from the theater (in between Monmouth Street, Broad Street, White Street and Maple Avenue) and there is parking available two blocks away at the Red Bank Train Station. Parking at the train station is free after 11:00am.
For more information on day of show parking, customers can contact the Count Basie Theatre Box Office at 732-842-9000. The Box Office is open Monday-Friday 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 12:00 noon through 3:00 p.m., and until one-half hour after show time at all performances.
From Route 35 NORTH
- After you enter Red Bank from Eatontown, you will come to an intersection of roads and a railroad crossing. There will be a Food Town ahead on the left.
- Pass through the light, the road will fork. Stay on 35 North by bearing left, which will take you behind Food Town.
- Turn left onto Chestnut Street before the second traffic light. Phoenix Productions will then be on your left.
From the Garden State PARKWAY
- Take the Garden State Parkway to exit 109.
- Take Route 520 East, also called Newman Springs Road.
- Take 520 all the way to the end (it’s just a few minutes).
- Turn left at the end of 520, there is an intersection of roads and a railroad crossing. You’ll see a Dunkin’ Donuts on your right.
- Go over the railroad tracks,.
- The road will immediately fork, bear left, which will put you onto Route 35 North, also called Maple Avenue.
- Take Maple Avenue to Chestnut Street and make a left. Chestnut Street will be before the second traffic light.
From NJ TRANSIT
- Take the North Jersey Coastline train to Red Bank (from New York, it’s about an hour).
- If you’ve come from the north, walk across the track; if you’ve come from the south, you’re already on the correct side.
- Follow Monmouth Street or Oakland Street and turn right onto West Street. West Street intersects with Chestnut Street. Make a left and Phoenix Productions will be on your right.